Description de l'offre
Are you a software developer who wants to innovate on world's largest dynamically priced market for computing? Come join the EC2 Pricing & Launch Services team!
The team: Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. EC2 Pricing & Launch Services is a team under EC2 umbrella that helps customers access compute resources at the best possible price based on current available supply and demand.
EC2 Pricing & Launch Services builds & manages the software that enables this dynamic pricing and auction algorithms that help customers take advantage of available EC2 capacity in the most cost optimized manner. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. This team is growing rapidly so we can significantly expand our feature set and increase scale.
You: We're seeking software developers who are passionate about working on distributed systems architecture, solving synchronization & performance optimization problems. You should be passionate about building some cool features for our customers, help innovate around our pricing & bidding systems, value operational excellence, and help us grow our market segment share. You should have a good understanding of data consistency and transactions between distributed services. Experience with web-services, especially at large scale, will be helpful, and it won't hurt if you enjoy relaxing and having lunch out with the team once in a while.
- Design, build and optimize the software to run an exchange for computing resources including pricing models and distribution of risk
- Design, build and optimize the customer facing features that make it easy for customers around the world to select products and use EC2 features in the most cost-effective way
- Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS's cutting edge technologies to develop new customer features rapidly
- Empower developers from around the world to build their applications on EC2 compute power (e.g. reduce friction, simplify APIs, add tooling, improve the service architecture)
- Automatically deploy and monitor your service to identify performance issues before our customers do
- Recruit, interview and hire software developers that raise the bar in all areas
- Mentor junior software developers and grow your skills & career
· Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for highly scalable systems
· Experience with scripting languages, preferably RUBY or Python
· Experience with the Linux operating system environment
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Excellent data interpretation and problem solving abilities
· Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
· Strong desire to build, deliver results, take ownership, and drive projects
· Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
· Able to work in a diverse team