Description de l'offre
Open date: 3rd Dec 2018
Closing date: 3rd Jan 2019
Voice-driven AI is no longer relegated to the realm of science fiction. Alexa Experiences and Devices is focused on leveraging emerging technologies to create new product opportunities that deliver the future of voice-driven AI to our customers and partners.
Alexa Europe Tech team as part of Alexa International is focused on features and tools to drive meaningful improvement in customer experience, engagement, and utility specific to the European customers.
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams. You will have an opportunity to contribute to the end to end tech stack and Alexa services while delivering the features across domain boundaries; driving the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Sr. Software Engineers (SDE) who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop and launch core product features.
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. Participate in design reviews with your peers.
· Address all aspects of technology and service readiness
· Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
· Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Deep industry experience, building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial, online services
· Extensive programming experience using one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning knowledge are a bonus as well.
· Experience developing object-oriented software
· Familiar with debugging tools such as an oscilloscope, DMM and logic analyzers
· Business-level English written and verbal communication skills