What we do today
The Capacity Lifecycle teams builds services and tools that process and deliver the computing resources that Amazon's software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure services provider, we own the services and tools that Amazon's business teams use to order, receive, and manage AWS capacity. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon's products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide and we provide a way for customers to get the capacity they need and for the business team to responsibly manage growth and cost. Our products are used by internal software teams, we focus on minimizing the operational burden that other engineers, like yourself, experience when managing their infrastructure.
Why we need you
Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate, inventing new technology to improve the life of our customers. At this scale we are constantly stretching the elasticity of the cloud. Our mission to help make it easy for internal software teams to grow while working with other infrastructure and AWS teams to meet these needs. You will work to deliver this end to end workflow and collaborate with your customers - including other developers, business partners, and finance teams. You will work with other engineers who have a passion for learning new technology and making your customer's lives better.
We want your passion for making an end-to-end web stack. While we are doing a lot of automation here, you will be asked to solve problems at every layer of the stack. You will share your experiences to an organization that is eager to learn. There is a lot to work on, you will be building everything from internal customer facing web services to user facing applications.
Here's what you will be doing
· Building tools that analyze large amounts of data (i.e. utilization data, AWS usage, and billing data), crunch numbers and display visualizations that provide users with insight into this rich data.
· Build software to analyze hardware inventory, usage, and financial cost models to make data-driven recommendations to Amazon's business owners that significantly reduce their costs.
· We are responsible end-to-end for all products we design and launch. Every developer at Amazon uses our software.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· 2+ years of experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· 2+ years of experience working with one or more modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl