The Transactional Services team builds some of the most foundational distributed systems that underpin and power many of the large AWS services and several of the most critical components of the Amazon.com retail platform. We specialize in building high performance, highly available data systems that provide strong transactional guarantees at very high scale.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer to technical lead a sub-team of engineers that owns and builds major part for our core transactional data engine.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Designing and developing novel, cutting edge distributed, highly available and scalable technologies.
· Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
· Engaging with customers via forum posts, blog posts and meet-ups
· Mentoring other engineers
· Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, the role involves analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com