Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services! The AWS Infrastructure Regional Capacity Planning Team is searching for a passionate and talented Sr. Region Planner to lead the global infrastructure capacity planning process for multiple AWS regions. You will work across the entire AWS Organization to align on long range demand for data center capacity and the infrastructure response through the acquisition of space and power. You will lead the Strategic Sales and Operations Process which establishes the plan and work across AWS to manage strategic execution, including the acquisition of long lead infrastructure for the AWS regions you own.
If you love being at the forefront of industry growth and development, developing and executing processes in a highly ambiguous, rapidly growing environment and driving long range business strategy, then this is a spot for you. This is a high impact role offering an opportunity to drive and influence business-critical decisions impacting the long-term future of AWS.
You are the ideal candidate if you are a leader, who can demonstrate the ability to:
· Embody a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get your hands dirty” in a start-up environment while simultaneously developing processes and delivering results
· Develop and execute multiple Sales and Operations Planning processes resulting in strategic alignment across multiple executive stakeholders in a large, dynamic organization
· Program manage and support activities required to gain capital expansion approval for critical long lead infrastructure
· Dive deep into inventory planning models to identify risks and opportunities and resolve constraints by negotiating across demand and supply owners
· Clearly define data requirements and metrics, working with teams to implement the entire data flow from capture to presentation and management
· Communicate ideas concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders for purposes ranging from informative to need for financial approvals from executives.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or Mathematics
· Experience working with Inventory Modeling / Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization
· Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (look-ups & pivot tables)