Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced Program Manager to join the Kindle and Digital Media Global Growth and Expansion Team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Kindle/Digital CS team, which is responsible for driving high-visibility programs that directly impact the customer experience globally. The ideal candidate will have a Software development background as well as Project /Program management experience and will own and execute complex expansion projects and drive key operational process improvement activities. The individual taking this role will be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment and have the ability to drive the program's strategy and roadmap, collaborate with business and development teams across the company to analyze the cost/benefit of project selection, and manage all aspects of execution. The role will focus on international expansion activities supporting Digital Media Services (Appstore, MP3, Cloudplayer, Cloud Drive, Software and Video Games).
· Scope and deliver programs end-to-end.
· Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch
· Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts. Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to- market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
· Define functional requirements and specifications, high level processes and system solutions.
· Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support Project Initiatives.
· Develop a working project plan for each new launch to track milestones, deliverables and deadlines.
· Liaise closely with Kindle/Digital Business teams to define and drive the technical changes for new projects.
· Work with external business partners to ensure shared services are aligned and that the highest quality customer service is maintained and is consistent with Amazon's Core values.
· Create intuitive internal process flows and systems for use by large numbers of customer associates that are cost effective and integrate effortlessly into current processes and tools.