Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to help develop a world class logistics process that delivers goods on time at the best cost as part of our Line Haul ACES team. As the continuous improvement arm of the ATS Line Haul organization, our team contains subject matter experts on end-end line haul processes who identify and drive improvement opportunities across the line haul network and work with all teams in the organization develop quality metrics and execute cross-functional projects.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Influences design and development of strategic processes
· Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
· Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones and performance across all projects
· Establish and continually improve the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organization's project delivery capability by providing leadership in best practices
· Work cross-functionally across teams to effect network-level performance improvement with our internal and external partners by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance and continuous improvement. This includes completion of root cause analysis on all defects and using these data to drive continuous improvement activities.
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
The ideal candidate has a background in logistics and continuous improvement methodologies with demonstrated operations management skills. The candidate is as comfortable working on high-level strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They also have the proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of ACES methods to process improvements with impeccable quality levels in an organization with high growth. This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment. Passion and drive for customer service is a must.