Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! We're building the speech and language solutions behind the Amazon Echo and delivering a service for third parties to build great voice experiences! We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Product Manager who will help define the strategy and drive the execution of new capabilities, tools, and partnerships to enable third party device makers to build world-class, innovative experiences for Amazon Alexa.
You will need to understand customer needs and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps. In this role you will advocate for the end customer, and work directly with third party device makers to understand their needs and aspirations. You will build a strategy, author business requirements documents, and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new APIs, tools and documentation.
A successful candidate will have a passion for building and simplifying technical solutions and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done!
· Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
· Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success
· Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Is strongly oriented towards results
· Thinks big