Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. We are looking for an experienced, customer obsessed Principal Product Manager who is able to collaborate effectively with a talented technical team and be responsible for key aspects of the software customer experience on our core SMP products. In this role you will lead the definition, and shepherd the development, of new features as well as important optimizations to the service, specifically related to improving customer engagement, retention, and monetization on device. The role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with a high-energy team of software engineers, program managers, user experience designers, marketers, customer service leads as well as internal & external product stakeholders across the company (Amazon Video, AppStore, etc). This role is a good fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, is both creative and technical, and who is sensitive to (or understands) the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences.
. The ideal candidate has a passion for TV & video entertainment combined with an established track delivering break-out consumer technology products.
· Contribute substantially to the vision, strategy and roadmap for primary customer journeys on Fire TV devices.
· Own feature definition (concept through implementation) including product- and business requirements gathering and executive green-light.
· Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution.
· Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost.
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.