At Alexa Shopping, we are building a totally new channel for customers to engage with Amazon which will work hand in hand with Amazon.com and Mshop. Whether a customer wants to check on deliveries, ask a product question or start making a purchase Alexa will become a new and convenient way to manage their Amazon world. Alexa Shopping will work seamlessly with these other channels, allowing customers to manage their shopping journey in the way that is best for them. As Alexa becomes more pervasion through Echo’s, Fire TV, Mshop and 3rd party devices, every moment can be the start of a new shopping journey.
We are looking for candidates to help us design and build the CXs that drive Alexa responses covering the full purchase funnel from “Alexa, order coffee” to “Alexa, checkout my cart”. This role includes customer facing CX design, but also requires understanding the internals of Alexa and working hand-in-hand with your tech team to build the CXs that are being designed.
The right candidate brings strong bias for action, the ability to dive deep into data to identify trends and inform strategy, who creates novel solutions to drive results. You are a proven big thinker and collaborator who flourishes in an agile organization. You are driven to launch and take deep satisfaction in seeing your products ship, scale, and make a measurable impact on the people who use them. You are skilled at asking the right questions and leveraging data to make your high-judgment decisions. You have a strong track-record working with engineers, and you routinely earn the respect of your technical peers through your ability to grasp technical challenges and trade-offs. You must be passionate about creating innovative experiences that can scale to hundreds of millions of customers, and insanely curious about new technology and unlocking its potential.
· Build a vision and product roadmap for core Alexa Shopping components
· Work with category and program leaders (consumables, SnS, Whole Foods etc) to define how their current experiences can be brought to life on voice
· Prioritize and drive backlogs and feature launches for your dedicated engineering team
· MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
· 10+ years product management
· Experience with managing a P&L, financial modeling, and vendor negotations
· Previous experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, and/or big data
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products to global market segments
· Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
· Strong track record building and leading high-performing teams
· Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions