Are you an innovative leader that wants to design the next generation of world-class fulfillment centers and logistics systems across the globe? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? Does the challenge of designing and implementing ground breaking solutions for automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high speed manufacturing appeal to you? If you're looking to be challenged in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment and you have strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills then this job is for you!
· Design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network
· Own the design of physical fulfillment and logistics systems around the globe, to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through site layout, equipment specification, material flow, process design, and intellectual property considerations.
· Innovate with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and mechatronics across 100+ new fulfillment and logistics centers that are being built each year.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.
· Work with complex MHE and packaging lines and process design based on Lean Manufacturing.
· Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Manage capital projects; create conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment.
· Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
· Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
· Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and vendors for multiple sites.
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
· Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, engineering, and corporate systems groups.