If you are an experienced professional with a passion for driving change and impact at a Global scale, you might be a fit for the Amazon Device Global Logistics (DGL) Program Manager role. Come armed with your knowledge for a position where you will own and drive strategic plans to satisfy the demanding logistics needs in markets worldwide. If you thrive in managing large, impactful projects, optimizing operations and driving results, we have an incredible professional opportunity for you to be an integral part of the DGL team.
Our DGL team is looking for a results-oriented individual to drive all aspects of cross-functional projects within our team. This individual will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships across various internal functions. This individual will be expected to quickly ramp-up on the end-to-end logistics and supply chain processes, and provide clear structure and oversight to new initiatives. This individual must have excellent project management skills and experience, an extremely high availability and bandwidth, and the ability to quickly understand and contribute to large cross-functional initiatives. This individual will be expected to solve complex issues, establish patterns and practices, and lead global projects. Key responsibilities will include representing the DGL team during highly visible and often critical projects related to logistics optimization and process improvement during globally impactful projects of an operational and technical nature.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional processes, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, keen ability to influence, analytical prowess and leadership skills are essential to success in this role. Candidates with proven experience working in developing high performing supply chains are ideal.
· Designing, and executing complex Logistics Programs, re-engineer processes to simplify existing logistics process and shipping operations with all our service providers (3PL/4PL) and the Contract Manufactures (CM).
· Manage, design and implement complex logistics projects and new initiatives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams to support the new projects. This is a key logistics expert role to manage shipments and meet the customer's requirements. Candidate must be able to break complex issues into manageable pieces, develop functional processes, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, and a keen ability to influence with leadership skills is required
· Troubleshoot customs or logistics issues in China, be familiar with exporting/importing regulations
· Manage vendors and 3PL's performance, and are able to find solutions to obtain cost savings & shorten lead time as well as comply with all necessary regulations.
· Manage logistics operation processes with vendors
· Coordinate among destinations, 3PL and vendors for trouble shooting
· Coordination among planning team and vendors operation team
· Conduct regular and qualitative business-case analyses to improve operation processes
· Assist in setting up operation processes with new vendors
· Manage vendors OTD (on time delivery)
· Travel as required.