Amazon's Employee Services team is looking for an Escalations Specialist who is passionate about resolving escalated issues on behalf of our employees and surfacing process improvement efforts with the objective to eliminate future escalations. You must be comfortable working with internal service leaders and external stakeholders to identify root causes and corrective action plans to improve processes, policies and services to create exceptional customer experiences. You must be able to understand complex business processes and succinctly communicate complicated customer and process issues in business terms. You must be a strong leader who can manage multiple cases at once, influence key stakeholders and service leaders, and move case reviews from investigation to resolution in a short amount of time. Our “customers” include employees across the globe, the HR community that supports employees, and the teams providing HR services to Amazon's workforce.
Specific job responsibilities
· Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of HR Services – know who we are and how we serve our employees.
· Manage the entire lifecycle of multi-stakeholder, complex escalated cases coming into HR Services, from intake to investigation to resolution and reporting.
· Schedule regular meetings with internal and external stakeholder teams to research the events leading up to the escalation, capture the sequential flow of events, identify the root cause(s) of the issue(s), define corrective action for each of the root causes, and write a holistic summary for an executive audience that details each step of the process.
· Influence leaders and teams across Amazon, sometimes challenging proposed solutions while fiercely advocating for the employee.
· Challenge assumptions of why a process or service failed; ask the tough questions to get to the root cause of the problem.
· Identify trends and themes in the data to see where we have larger issues that need to be addressed; meet with service owners to discuss the data and determine how to move forward with next steps.
· Regular reporting in MBRs and QBRs, as well as ad hoc reporting for service and business leaders; includes analysis of data, presentation of dashboards, and writing business reviews.