Interested in making Amazon Echo more intuitive? Help us make Alexa personalized to each of our customers. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. The charter for the team is to increase SpeakerID adoption across domains by recognizing individual speakers with highest accuracy and enable faster model experimentation and rollout to production by building automated SpeakerID training workflows. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for build industry-leading intelligent offerings that customers love. You are responsible for writing production-ready codes for applying statistical analysis techniques to help the team build better speaker recognization models which will enable us to reduce users cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities and finally, inspire our customers by enabling serendipitous discovery of experience.
You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. An ideal candidate for Data Scientist at Alexa should have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating idealization and working from concept to execution. The candidate will be an individual contributor who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to successfully drive projects to completion. In addition to the modeling and technical skills, the candidate should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on internal customers and high intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms, and technology rapidly as changes arise.
Data Scientist at Alexa will design, evangelize, and implement solutions to address complex, business questions using advanced statistical techniques, experimentation, and big data. You will be interacting with science and research teams to define metrics that drive key business decisions, and working with program managers, quality assurance engineers and software developers, to develop data pipelines, build tools to drive continuous experimentation to generate data set, conduct statistical analyses, and provide actionable insights for business decisions.
· Utilize code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to generate insights
· Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data
· Analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
· Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, and share insights and recommendations
· Be able to design A/B tests to help prove the success of ML models
· PhD’s in a relevant field
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
· 3+ years’ experience as a data scientist, data engineer or similar job function with a technology company
· 3+ years’ experience with dashboard and data visualization by Excel, Tableau, Quicksight or other similar tool
· 2+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (R, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, Spark etc.)
· Experience with statistical modeling / machine learning and parameters that affect their performance
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams