Passionate to integrate, process, and propagate data that support operational decisions, which impact millions around the world? Then join our AFT-BI team of Data Engineers! Our group supports all Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Real Estate Launch teams globally. The data we process and make accessible is critical for customers to get their packages on time. Our team is at the intersection of business and software. We have many internal customers, and we take pride in the wide array of solutions we are asked to design, build, and maintain.
The successful candidate is key in supporting Amazon’s Real Estate Launch teams and specifically the global Transactions team. The Senior Data Engineer must have excellent technical skills and knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions. This individual works with Product Managers, Program Officers, and Business Intelligence Analysts to design and build Data Engineering tools that automate business reporting, integrate data from dispersed systems, and propagate data for Amazon teams to develop their reporting mechanisms.
The right candidate will have produced new Automations, owned System Integrations, built Data Propagation tools, and designed Permission Models. They collaborated with business partners and SMEs to drive complex ERD documentation projects. They Communicate current and future initiative information timely to stakeholders and prioritizes tasks effectively based on the organization’s needs. They continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes for customers through automating and simplifying self-service support mechanisms. The one has a self-starter mentality, Passion for learning technical content, good communication skills, and a creative approach to build and optimize code.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from root cause analysis. Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
· 3+ years’ experience with AWS data products
· Authoritative in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies.
· Experienced in operating very large data warehouses or data lakes.
· Demonstrated efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
· Previous Operational Excellence experience with Real Estate Transactions, Asset Management, or Lease Administration
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related technical field
· 7+ years of ETL, data modeling, and data architecture work experience
· Expert-level in writing and optimizing SQL
· Expert-level in one of the scripting languages - Python, Ruby, Java or similar
· Experience with Big Data technologies e.g. Hive/Spark, AWS Glue, AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift
· Built data pipelines to connect distributed systems and applications to stream and process datasets at low latency. Defined system integration architecture and led design reviews
· Passion to explore the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency