If you are an experienced professional with a passion for technology and hungry for driving change and impact at a Global scale you might be a fit for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) procurement team. Come armed with your knowledge for a position where you will own, build, and run technology sourcing and operations and engage with multiple stake holders to drive plans and execution to satisfy the demanding needs of a high growth industry impacting markets worldwide. If you thrive optimizing operations and driving results and want to be accountable for a significant impact and a once-in-a-life time professional opportunity, we have an opportunity for you.
Our AWS procurement team is looking for a results-oriented individual to assume responsibility for sourcing hardware components, geography expansions and contract manufacturing for server hardware related to our growing Infrastructure. Our Category Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing Sourcing Strategies and clear action plans to drive the lowest total cost of ownership fueling the exponential growth across our Data Centers as we meet and exceed customer demand. In this role you will lead internal engagements across Supply Chain, Engineering and Business organizations while diving deep into the technologies and operations both from a product and Supply Chain perspective. You will analyze trends involving the industry players – vendors, customers, and technology to develop strategies to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities allowing AWS to meet and exceed its goals.
General Work Activities:
· Create strategic sourcing plans for a business unit, department, or project to satisfy internal clients
· Take action and advise business partners to reduce costs that are focused on supply base, creating greater efficiencies and economies of scale
· Own the analysis of the spending patterns for savings opportunities through the category and become a subject matter expert for the verticals with which you are engaged
· Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your area of accountability
Function Specific Work Activities:
· Lead sourcing engagements and sourcing teams in opportunity identification and RFIs where appropriate
· Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
· Ability to analyze and determine opportunities to leverage and consolidate the supply base using system level tools and techniques
· Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
· Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to understand trends and competitive positioning ensuring system activation of the best possible supply base
· Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
· Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon's spend
· Manage Supplier Relationships and establish yourself as a primary business contact for key suppliers