Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, DirecTV, Hulu, Netflix and more available to Alexa customers. We are building a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who is looking to work in a new space to help define how we use multi-modal data (voice, mobile, desktop) to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will develop and support the analytic technologies, and provide customer insights that help drive engagement with music on Alexa. This includes implementation and operation of a BI tools, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes