Description de l'offre
Amazon's Marketplace services over 2 million Sellers disrupting traditional notions of retail marketplace and connecting millions of businesses, big and small, to millions of Customers within the Amazon.com marketplace. The Marketplace business exceeds 40% of the total Amazon.com sales and each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Our challenges are uniquely exciting and impactful. Not only do we have to constantly reinvent ourselves to support the growth of the Amazon ecosystem, we have to anticipate changes in the external environment and gear up for the future before it happens on a global scale. We consider earning and maintaining the trust our customers place in the prices on Amazon to be our responsibility and we are looking for a seasoned Business Intelligence Engineer to help us build, report on and analyze metrics for our business.
In this role you will identify and drive projects to increase Amazon's understanding and influence of pricing. You will develop regular business reporting to baseline current performance and deepen our insights across customer segments and product types. You will help to establish measurements that will be used when running experiments to measure the impact of the experiments on price perception. You will help to influence the development of new models that will influence the way we display products. You will collaborate across teams to develop capacity reporting for project and operational overhead for existing and emergent work-flows. You will help define the data pipeline and self-service tools and driving insights for all Reference Prices shown on Amazon. These Reference Prices provide contextual information to Customers about pricing and improve conversion when strikethrough prices communicate a compelling discount to customers. We are looking for a seasoned Business Intelligence Engineer to help us build, report on and analyze metrics for our business. The Pricing team is responsible for the metrics that define price competitiveness and customer price perception today. We support all Amazon programs and geographies worldwide.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied pricing programs and processes. You need to be analytical in your decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion.
The position is located in Seattle, WA.
As part of this role you will -
1. Work closely with the partner BIE, econ and ML teams to identify and address issues and opportunities.
2. Facilitate and manage the Price Perception BIE sprint planning and execution process
3. Analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues.
4. Build metrics to measure key inputs and output metrics that drive Amazon price perception
5. Develop deep dive tools for key metrics.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.2
· 5+ years work experience with SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· 5+ years work experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using AWS technologies, such as S3 and Redshift
· 3+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)