Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to join our Transportation team.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment. The drive and capability to shape the business group strategy is a must.
This role will influence the direction of the business by leveraging our data to deliver insights that drive decisions and actions. The role will involve translating broad business problems into specific analytical projects, conducting deep quantitative analyses, and communicating results effectively. We see a high potential for influence and growth in this role as we transform our data into actionable insights to continue to fuel the growth of this business. The role will help the organization identify, evaluate, and evangelize new techniques and tools to continue to improve our ability to deliver value to Amazon's customers.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
· Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
· Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
· Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
· Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions