Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We operate retail websites in nine countries, offering millions of products in more than 40 categories worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history!
As a member of China Compliance Operation team, we are responsible for the classification of ASINs in our catalog that can be safely stored in the Fulfilment Center's and shipped to customer while safely meeting all local laws and regulations. We also prevent the sale of items that either Amazon chooses not to sell or are prohibited by law or regulations. In the global trade and direct import areas we are accountable for the import tariff classification and ensure imported products have had proper testing for safety and operability. In the Sustainability area we have been running a number of programs such as Frustration Free Packaging and energy saving programs.
- Perform regulatory research and write product rules based on existing regulatory assessment and checklists and well communicate with business partner;
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes, create and maintain regulatory content database;
- Build and strengthen the connection with internal teams for testing report acquiring and testing results interpretation and long term testing verification capability building;
- Be familiar with the policy and guidelines of e-commerce and import/export tariff;
- With strong understanding of product categorization and search engine methodologies;
- The ability to interpret the concept into executable database queries to categorize products from different perspectives;
- Logic thinker and able to perform testing to validate the efficiency and effectiveness of results;
- Good communication skills to work with different functional teams to create/modify/update trade rules;