Job Description – Sr. Associate – Dangerous Goods
The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliant with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product regarding storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. We are responsible to provide hazmat flagging for products that involves compliant classification, labeling and packaging of hazardous products, which enables fulfillment/warehouse associates and customers aware of the risk involved and measures to handle and transship the products without any incidents or undeclared.
‘Dangerous Goods' program provides extensive support on worldwide classification for all market places in alignment with dangerous goods transport & storage regulations such as GHS, CLP, ADR, DOT, IATA, 49 CFR, etc. to avoid any incidents or undeclared shipments during Storage, Handling and Transportation of hazardous products.
Your job responsibilities as a DG Compliance Associate may include:
- Classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for safe storage and transportation based on SOP, vendor SDS and reliable information in compliance to ADR, 49 CFR, IATA, GHS and CLP regulations
- Write rules to classify hazardous products to automate dangerous goods classification
- Provide DG classification for complex ASINs that are blocked based on Ingredients, regulatory expertize and guidelines
- Trouble shoot issues w.r.t transport & storage classification and instruct Fulfillment centers to enable smooth inbound & outbound processes of hazmat flagged products.
- Provide guidance to Fulfilment centers on hazmat classification and configuration issues.
- Close communication with Sellers & Vendors in order to request needed documentation to proceed with Classification of products.
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, you will be expected to take on a larger organizational role. These can include tasks such as:
- Identifying & implementation of improvement opportunities/automations to enhance process efficiency, quality and customer experience with measurable impact
- Responsible for quality, root cause analysis on process & quality gaps and recommend corrective actions.
- Training and mentoring new hires and other associates, suggests improvements to training
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and ownership of process updates
- Understanding of metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources
- Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager
- Active participation in stakeholder calls, leading and documenting the discussions
- Conduct feedback sessions, Training need identification (TNI) and maintenance of quality records and documentation.
- Proficiency in verbal & written communication in English, Spanish & Portuguese.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel proficiency is an advantage;
- Strong attention to details;
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets;
- Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts;
- Must be comfortable working with large data sets;
- Very good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research – finding specific information about products in a timely manner.