Join a NEW TEAM that is building DELIGHTFUL VOICE EXPERIENCES for Prime Video.
Prime Video is changing the way customers watch TV and movies. With Prime Video, customers have instant access to a massive library of popular content across hundreds of devices, including smart TVs, game consoles, mobile devices, browsers, and streaming media players like Fire TV and Apple TV. Prime customers can watch thousands of titles included with Prime; customers can also subscribe to popular channels like HBO and Starz as well as buy/rent thousands of new release videos. We recently launched Prime Video in over 250 countries and territories worldwide.
The voice team is a brand new team in Prime Video. We are building voice experiences that make it FUN and EASY for customers to interact with Prime Video. With voice, we can make it nearly effortless to find a video, browse for content, get recommendations, and control the playback experience. We believe that voice has the potential to fundamentally change the way customers interact with our service by eliminating friction and enabling delightful and intuitive features that are only possible with voice.
We own the Prime Video experience on Alexa-enabled devices like the Echo Show and Echo Spot, as well as the Prime Video voice experience on other devices like TVs, tablets, and game consoles. We work closely with teams across Prime Video and Alexa to invent and launch innovative new features and experiences.
We are looking for a software QAE who is passionate about video and voice and is excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
· Develop test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses
· Work with a team of engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery
· Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
· Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
· Establish and enforce professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations