Description de l'offre
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are looking for QA Engineers to perform new feature testing and validation of the Ring family of cameras and products as part of Amazon devices and software. In addition, you will be responsible for testing features that expand current product capability and deliver existing features to new countries and regions. QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
· 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
· Experience with QA methodology and tools
· Experience creating, maintaining and executing detailed, customer focused test cases to exercise user level features and end to end product experience
· Experience in Python/Ruby/Java/Go coding and user-level automation
· Experience troubleshooting complex systems and root causing customer facing software issues
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements