Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
About the position
As a Software Engineer - Video Networking, you’ll work at the intersection of our video system and the Twitch network. This includes our edge connectivity to the Internet, and our internal dedicated fiber backbone. The goal? Being able to deliver high quality video to as many people as possible worldwide.
● Build software to gather and analyze metrics from Twitch’s production network.
● Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
● Build resilient systems that withstand high load in a 24/7 always-up environment
● Develop capacity and monitoring plans for the services you write
● Participate in architecture and code reviews of others’ work
● Understand the impact of internal and external networking issues on end-user quality of service in our live video system. Make our real-time video load balancing better at working around these issues.