Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice.
We are focused on building technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge and machine reasoning, to allow customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible. Our team designs and creates customer focused experiences focused around books. We are inventing the future, com join us!
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who can expand the capabilities of their server and client software system to deliver products that will have huge impact on Alexa Customers' experience for Books.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the design, architecture, and implementation of products that span multiple internal Amazon teams to deliver solutions that are customer delighters. This role will have regular interactions with various internal business owners to help prioritize tasks/projects, handling system issues, and managing communication across all stakeholders.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
· Track record of designing and building complex software system
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation