Description de l'offre
There's a reason only 10% of commerce is online - customers prefer to see and experience a product in action. How can technology help bridge this gap? Video!
Amazon's Video Shopping Experience team is using video to revolutionize the way customers shop online. We are growing at a huge rate, and
That's where you come in - we are looking for an energetic Software Development manager to lead our Ingestion and Moderation team. As SDM for Ingestion and Moderation, you will own the platform responsible for ingesting, encoding, moderating, and publishing
As an Amazon Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations. Our managers deliver results while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and working skill set. Our managers stay involved in our technology, employ clear and concise communication, maintain high standards, and infuse our teams with energy and desire to achieve customer-focused results.
This position in the Video Shopping Experience team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
· 2+ years of engineering management experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Excellent written and oral communication