Description de l'offre
Amazon's Adaptive Transportation Optimization System helps deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper each day, while providing extraordinary customer experience from website search to doorstep delivery. Our systems handle more than a million of requests per second and make business decisions that impacts billions of dollars each year. With rapid expansion into new geographies, increasing complexity of the transportation network and expanding selection of products, the Transportation Optimization technology team has the opportunity to build software solutions that scale and propel the business through industry-leading technological innovations.
As a software development manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of motivated engineers to design, implement and launch new products and services. You will own services that model Amazon's delivery capabilities and use network intelligence to optimize for the best possible customer experience while lowering costs. These are highly-available, low-latency services that scale horizontally and are critical part of planning and fulfillment of Amazon orders.
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, as well as project management to deliver software solutions in collaboration multiple business and technology teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and a proven track record of delivering results consistently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
· 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams
· 3+ years of Object Oriented software development experience in C++/Java and building successful production software systems
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills