Description de l'offre
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? We built the Text to Speech technology behind the voice of Amazon Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot FireTV, and many others. We’re on a journey to build the Star Trek computer for customers. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
As a leader of the development team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building low-level solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of industry experience
· 3+ years of experience in managing software development teams
· Programming in C, C++ and/or Python/Perl in Linux environments
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
· Knowledge of best practices for software construction, planning, operations, and management