We’re looking for a Software Development Manager to lead us on our mission to recruit all the sellers in the world to start selling on Amazon, while empowering them to grow their business and provide a great customer experience. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs (whom we refer to as selling partners) WW. To drive this unprecedented scale, our entrepreneurial team of sales reps, account managers, product managers, data scientists, and software engineers continuously invent new ways to scale and raise the bar for our selling partners through automation.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a variety of new services to power new customer experiences. You will be responsible for upholding a high bar in operational excellence and quality. You will partner across functions to help define creative vision, product requirements, user experience, and cross-team integration for this new fashion experience. Working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, product managers, business stakeholders, and central team engineers, you will help define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing real time scalable systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. They also have a proven track record hiring and developing engineers, helping them meet and exceed their career goals.
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
· Help develop long-term business and technology strategies.