Description de l'offre
Do you want to take an active role in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video Direct (PVD) recently launched a platform that enables video providers to effortlessly distribute their content to reach millions of Amazon customers on the Amazon Video service. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape new ways for content providers to reach their audiences. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to lead a team of passionate engineers in building the next generation global Vendor Portal and partner-facing title delivery, publishing, and management platform for Prime Video. Our providers range from small indie film-makers to major partners who need fully integrated, automated systems to publish at scale. This team is responsible for defining, designing, and building the partner-facing systems that enable all video providers to publish and manage their titles world-wide.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated results in software development including design and implementation
- Technical leadership experience, with direct software engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
- Two plus years of large scale distributed system design and development experience
- Strong track record of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment