Description de l'offre
Do you enjoy playing with the coolest mobile phones and tablets? Are you passionate about innovating and building mobile applications that can delight millions of customers across the globe? Do you want to own and lead technically challenging programs? Are you excited at the idea of having the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas...and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide?
If you answered yes to all these questions, we'd love to have you on the Prime Video Mobile team!
The Prime Video Mobile team is seeking a Software Development Manager to lead high-impact programs to provide our global customers access to a broad variety of movies and TV shows, on 3rd Party Android devices. Our team drives complex business problems, leveraging both company-wide platform solutions as well as designing them from the ground up where they don't exist. We build global technology solutions, going beyond localization to providing customized compelling content to customers in each country where we operate. Not only must our software scale, but it must adapt to conditions ranging from steady home broadband connections to more variable mobile connections.
In this role, you will lead a team to build customer-facing features both big and small on the Prime Video 3P Android app. This includes working across technology and product teams to launch PV-wide features such as Thursday Night Football, as well as smaller CX improvements to make it more convenient and delightful for customers to find something to watch. We measure the impact of everything we launch, so you will be expected to A/B test features and report on the impact to customers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and agile development processes. You will look at problems beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
· 7+ years of demonstrated results in software development including design and implementation
· Technical leadership experience, with direct software engineering experience strongly preferred.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
· Two plus years of large scale distributed system design and development experience
· Strong track record of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail, organization, problem solving and multitasking skills
· Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment