Description de l'offre
Do you thrive on building highly-scalable, highly-available, low-latency systems? Do you geek out at architectural problem solving, distilling the use cases of dozens of teams down to simple elegant solutions? Are you quality focused and experienced running tight systems that run like a well-oiled machine?
Amazon's Personalization team is looking for an experienced software manager that will drive the development of Amazon's content orchestration and optimization system. You will be responsible for developing and managing a high performing team that is building Amazon's next generation content platform, responsible for getting the right content in front of the right customers. You will own key, tier-1 infrastructure supporting automated recommender systems, content coordination, configuration and scheduling, and inventing new efficient ways of content experimentation across the website. You bring strong leadership, great judgment, clear communication skills, and strong track record of delivery and hiring/coaching.
As a part of this role, you will:
· Build and manage a team of industry-leading software engineers
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff
· Work cross-functionally, interfacing with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
· Work with product management to develop long-term architectural and business strategy
We are looking for a leader to help build the content platform that powers the biggest internet retailer on Earth. We hope you will join us!
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
· 7+ years of software industry experience
· 3+ years of managing software development teams
· Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking