Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s selling partners? The Paid Services team includes Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS) and Amazon Vendor Services (AVS), programs which seek to improve the customer experience on Amazon.com by working directly with sellers and vendors to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve seller engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions.
The Paid Services team is looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic and seasoned leader for its Software Development team to lead engineering efforts related to systems and services that enable us to provide an outstanding selling partner experience, facilitate self-service and enable program scalability as we rapidly grow our participating seller base. We want a SDM with passion to innovate, who likes working backwards from the customer, and tackling complex ambiguous problems. The successful candidate has strong software development experience in platform level products or services and will:
· Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then working with the development leads, deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
· Create a culture of pride in engineering excellence across teams
· Define creative, high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp technical requirements or specifications and user stories that can be used to develop products and applications
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among vendor and user experience, performance and operational support load
· Work closely with engineering teams, design, and product/ program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues to help the team meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
The ideal candidate is an influential leader with product and technology knowledge, a first-class problem-solver, builder, and inspirational people manager. This opportunity requires excellent prioritization, and communication skills, the ability to navigate ambiguity and passion for hiring, leading, and developing a high-performing team.