Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing cloud computing business within Amazon. We provide developers and their organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
AWS Kumo development team is working on 3 different, green field projects including customer facing applications. The space lends itself to be cutting edge and stimulating as we are tackling new boundaries in the cloud computing space. Some of the challenges facing the team are in big data, social apps, machine learning and data mining. We are filing for multiple patents in this area and has room for lot more to be filed. You will be surrounded by people that are smart and passionate about cloud computing. The team is a part of a self-standing P&L group with the ability to drive both Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience.
We have a need for a Software Development Manager who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This person will have the responsibility to;
· Define and drive the multi-year vision for technical products.
· Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
· Work closely with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across the company to influence product development to support or enhance products.
· Build relationships with existing and potential internal customers to understand their requirements and demonstrate how products can add value to their business.
· Work with Project Managers to add new features to roadmaps, prioritize them, and facilitate delivery on requirements and functional specifications.
· Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
· Using Agile project management methodologies, and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for multiple projects that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming, C++, Perl and Java.
· Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers and project managers, including hiring recommendations, and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
· Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
· Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
· Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, management chain and with customers
· A minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team of software development professionals within a distributed systems environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent