Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services is looking for an experienced engineering manager to own delivery of next-generation capabilities within our virtual networking services data planes - Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). These services deliver high performance virtualized networking in the cloud, with customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. We need this leader to build and staff our data plane engineering teams, establish timelines, manage deliverables, and think big about where the services are going.
Specifically the software engineering manager will:
· Lead a team of data plane C/C++ systems software developers that are innovating solutions of the challenge of allowing the public cloud to reach the networking performance of bare metal, and not only match its features, but exceeding on them
· Partner with product management, hardware/silicon engineering and network engineering to develop solutions for today and future customer's needs
· Continuously monitor customer feedback and market conditions, identify opportunities to innovate and simplify our networking offerings, and high growth opportunities for networking services. Then build business plans to invest, and obtain executive approval to pursue.
· Establish and achieve a high bar for operational performance as your teams deploy new data plane features to a massive worldwide fleet following a true end to end "devops" model (i.e. you will own dev, test and ops).
We're looking for an ambitious self-starter with a passion for the possibilities of cloud computing, and who can serve as a strong advocate for our customers. We need proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years experience managing a team of software engineers in an agile development process
· 7+ years of experience developing software