Description de l'offre
Amazon's Digital Payments Team's vision is to connect customers to the products they love at Amazon by enabling them to pay using methods they are comfortable with. Our tech strategy revolves around building highly customized, large scale architecture that unlocks new and innovative commerce and payment interaction models.
To deliver on our promise, we work on a variety of technologies, primarily building RESTful services and integrations with payment processors. Our systems are always available and guarantee that our customer's transactions are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down.
In the past, our team has built several “firsts” for Amazon, including the ability to pay with mobile carrier billing in Japan/China, Apple In App Purchases and Google In App Billing. Our team built the infrastructure that added the capability to charge customers without needing 2 factor authentication in India. This had a huge impact on our digital businesses by eliminating purchase friction. Our highly motivated engineering team is in need of a talented technical leader to spearhead future innovations.
To be successful in this role, you are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of building and leading teams. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies, balancing high priority projects against executing on a long term vision. You are security-conscious and continually analyze software for potential threats to safeguard customer trust. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy delivering software that brings smiles to our customers.
· Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software to meet business needs
· Hire, coach, and mentor engineers on your team.
· Comfortable working on large scale, highly available systems.
· Can define and own all operational metrics and support for products developed.
· Collaborate with other leaders to develop longterm development and business technology strategies
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8+ years experience managing a high-performing technical team.
· Experience working on distributed systems, and Web server technologies.
· 3+ years experience as a software engineer.
· Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.