Description de l'offre
The AWS Developer Tools team at Amazon is responsible for both internal and external (AWS) developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. We own several dozen of the mission-critical internal systems that make Amazon run. We also own the external AWS developer experience. We are empowering AWS customers to build and operate software… just like Amazon does. CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and Cloud9 are the beginning of a suite of tools that will put the power of Amazon's homegrown tools in the hands of our customers. With thousands of internal and external developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet.
The AWS Developer Tools org is looking for a Software Development Manager to own our Software Release Excellence team tasked with improving the availability of all Amazon services. Your teams improve availability by making our tools, and the use of those tools, safe.
The Continuous Delivery team is looking for a who is passionate about software engineering processes, data, and the stories that the data tells.
You will be a strong analytical thinker with an interest in quantifying metrics, and presenting complex data in clear and digestible form. You will have an interest machine learning techniques, not for their own sake, but to better understand your data. Your team will drive changes in our tools and processes with a goal of eliminating deployment related service disruptions.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible product for the AWS business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product. If you're excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Software Development Manager in our AWS Developer Tools space, you'll be empowered to take ownership of a broad range of responsibilities, such as:
· Directly hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
· Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
· Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
· Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that's compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the AWS business.
· Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
· Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 2+ years people management experience
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages