Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Computer Vision group in Amazon/Lab126 is responsible for innovative camera products such as the Echo Look and Cloud Cam and we are continuing to innovate to bring exciting new products in the Computer Vision space.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a passion to create engaging and high quality web services. You are a technologist with a strong background in developing distributed cloud services, preferably using AWS. You excel at leading and growing high-performance engineering teams through all aspects of product development lifecycle – concept to launch. You have excellent project management skills, are a great communicator and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous, environment. You are a leader.
In this role, you will:
· Maintain, enhance, and grow a top talent engineering team
· Be responsible for the overall product development lifecycle
· Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments, including day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Work closely with engineers and architects to develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules