AWS Metering and Bill Generation combines some of the most interesting computer science problems around idempotency, hot-partition management, and once-and-only-once processing, applied at massive scale (100+ trillion records per month at 1 Petabyte of data per day). Furthermore, mission-critical requirements demand that we build systems which guarantees accuracy and can quickly adapt to the fluid roadmap of the AWS business (125+ services and growing).
Computing AWS bills requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Equally important, the information that we control enables detailed reports that give customers insight into how they run their business, empowers rich dashboards that highlight historical trends, and provides data that allows customers to continuously monitor and control their use of the Cloud.
If you are excited to lead a team in the development of world class software, running a high volume, large scale fleet, have experience in building distributed systems, device software with strict performance requirements, we'd like to talk to you.
· Adopt overall AWS plans for AWS Commerce Platform and define your own team's future direction.
· Manage projects that deliver on commitments to our customers.
· Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
· Manage team's resources: hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
· Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical solutions. Be a hands-on technical leader.
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.