Description de l'offre
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo devices. Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and technically adept leader who can lead a product development team, helping them build products and services for an important new Alexa initiative.
As a Software Development Manager you will:
· Manage a team of software development engineers
· Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps
· Influence the technical direction and best practices within your team
· Mentor junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
· 5+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
· 2+ years of engineering management experience
· Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field