Description de l'offre
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on Alexa cloud platform. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.You will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, with a consistent track record of delivery. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for the overall systems development life cycle of a key product subsystem
· Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Ensure that design and architecture decisions by your team meet goals and vision of platform
· Manage of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
· Responsible for both development and operations of product(s)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of experience building production software systems
· 2+ years of people management experience