Software Development Manager - Enterprise Display Ad Products – Core Engineering - Core Services Team
The Amazon Advertising Platform is the customer facing ad-management experience used by advertisers to build display campaigns and reach Amazon customers on both owned and operated properties as well as other high quality sites and apps across desktop, video, mobile and tablet devices. Using the same personalization engine that drives advertising on Amazon.com, our solution offers more options to extend the reach of media campaigns without compromising audience quality.
The Enterprise Display Ad Products – Core Engineering team owns cross cutting services that drives the user experience - both frontend and backend. The Core Services team owns shared services to enable the advertising experience such as an ad catalog for various programs, workflow infrastructure for managing jobs, approvals and account management and permissions. The team is responsible to build the cross cutting services and also manage their APIs for external agency and integrator consumption. The role calls for extended scope with opportunities to drive a long term vision for these shared services across multiple teams and services within the Advertising organization that includes search and display.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. You know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by going and building the solution. You want to create value and impact the direction of entire industries.
This role will involve driving products impacting many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams. You will directly manage engineering, product management, and client support teams and will build the next generation of Amazon's display ad serving systems.This role requires a deep technical person that can work at this scale but also interface with business teams and ensure our platform meets the needs of our customers.
- End to end ownership of the shared frameworks driving the display advertising experience
- Management and oversight of a 6 person software engineering team with scope for expansion
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of engineering teams within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management