Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented engineers in designing, building and maintaining highly available, massively scalable real time systems! This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact hundreds of other teams at Amazon. As the development manager, you and your team will have technical ownership of internal tools used globally by thousands each week. Responsibilities include direct management of development engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
· Bachelor's Degree of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
· 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
· 2+ years experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++, Ruby or Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture.