Description de l'offre
Our organization owns and builds in-house software platforms, web services, and web apps that are used to collaborate on projects, programs, goals, and general business processes used by leaders who own planning and analysis of commitments company-wide. We provide a suite of productivity tools to support the commitment lifecycle through centralized data collection, auditing, and reporting. We deliver and maintain Amazon's internal source of truth for the company's highest level of planning and commitments. We provide teams with end-to-end tracking and reporting across those commitments helping create a narrative of their success with mechanisms that monitor progress, and analyze both wins and misses.
Our applications have grown to be business critical used internally within Amazon. We are passionate about creating meaningful and delightful user experiences for our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching a team of software developers to create world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
You will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Build and nurture a team of software developers
• Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our customer's business processes and success criteria
• Develop and execute a long-term architecture while balancing short term commitments
• Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems
• Effectively partner with engineering and non-engineering groups across the organization to deliver on own goals
• BS or MS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• 2+ years of directly managing a team of software engineers
• Experience with object oriented design and languages
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems