Are you passionate about launching new product discovery and shopping experiences that delight customers? Subscription and Discovery Box (SnDBox) is a new team that is building the technology, customer-facing features, and selection for a marketplace for sellers of subscriptions to curated or unique products across toys, beauty, pets, grocery, and other categories. Our mission is to simplify discovery, enable expert curation, and boost seller reach. We have launched a v1 of our platform (selection on our platform available at https://amazon.com/subscribe)
We are looking to hire a strong technical leader to lead a team of high performing engineers developing purchase, fulfillment and subscription lifecycle flows for physical subscription boxes.
In SnDBox, you will have an opportunity to build real-time and highly scalable systems and applications. A successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and have an established background in building distributed systems and system design, great communication skills, mentoring people, building strong teams and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This position requires a strong background in software development, agile process, client side software, backend services and system, customer facing software and scalable architectures.
You have a sustained track record of delivery and must be a quick learner who can absorb the nuances of SnDBox’s technology, business use cases, and internal processes while being able to look across the company and industry as a whole for solutions to our unique problems. You are the ideal candidate if you can be scrappy to solve problems in the short term while thinking about how to scale in the long term, obsess about positive customer and seller outcomes, use data to make the best decisions, and can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
· Independently manage a team of high performing SDEs, grow their careers and lead them in solving challenging technical and business problems
· Define strategic vision for your team and work with internal and external stakeholders to build and deliver on a roadmap
· Improve operational excellence and reduce customer and developer pain by managing tech debt effectively
· Deliver high quality software to ensure a high bar for customer and selling partner experience
· Identify risks and mitigate them effectively
· Set SMART goals for the team and define metrics to measure team development progress, customer experience, and operational excellence
· Develop customer engagement mechanisms, adheres to SLAs, and effectively manages software operations