Description de l'offre
The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) group is looking for an experienced software manager to lead the software development for Inventory Placement. Amazon’s supply chain is a key differentiator in that we operate the supply chain through technology. As the software manager you will own shaping a critical part of the supply chain by building the optimization software that decide how the hundreds of millions of units of inventory flow through the network every week. The mathematically complex and large scale distributed systems that you will own use some of the most complicated algorithms in the world, shaping one of the world’s largest supply chain.
Imagine building a system that makes real time decisions on inventory flow instantly as the unit is received in one of the many consolidation centers we have strategically positioned across the global. The system predictively decides the selection and the quantity required at each of the fulfillment centers, shaping Amazon’s cost structures and value proposition to the customer and ultimately maximizing Amazon’s long term free cash flow. Imagine building software that decides where vendors and sellers inbound purchase orders many weeks or months before demand is expected to materialize. Imagine building the models that continually monitor the supply in the network and course correcting when supply chain stochasticity materialize and future projected costs are expected to increase. This is a unique opportunity because we are solving problems that do not have a textbook answers. You will be required to think outside of the box and conceive of solutions that have never been thought about previously. As such, we are looking for an analytical problem solver that can organize an engineering team around building distributed and scalable systems.
What to expect day-to-day
· Facilitate the design of the architecture of these distributed and highly scalable systems.
· Coach, mentor and develop some of the most smartest engineers in the world.
· Solve complex problems through data, rapidly.
· Design and develop state of the art software systems that address these complex and ambiguous problems.
· Own the inputs and the business outcome through cultivating a culture of relentless auditing and metric monitoring, automatically where possible.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields
· Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
· 5-10 years of experience in software development and 3 years as a development manager
· Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Excellent analytics and problem solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.