Description de l'offre
Amazon's technology connects millions of businesses of all sizes to hundreds of millions of Customers within the Amazon.com marketplaces worldwide. Our platform, at Amazon-scale, enabling customers to process native SQL, machine learning, and other functional transformations using Apache Spark, executing over schema'd data stored in S3, and to seamlessly write those curated datasets out to front end caches like Dynamo, Redis and ElasticSearch. Additionally, we enable these same sets of functional transforms over streaming data, enabling customers to transition seamlessly between Streaming, Batch, Cache and Analytics as needed to meet customer demand.
As a Manager III for this platform, you will lead and grow a team of 8+ SDEs, Web Developers and Interns to build extremely large scale global systems. You will work with many clients to develop the best technical solutions to meet the needs for Seller recommendations and internal teams data processing.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
· Define a vision to extend the data processing platform beyond recommendations.
· Work with data engineers and data scientists to grow the best in class data processing and analytics platform on the planet.
· Consistent focus on operational excellence of systems.
· Hire, coach and mentor SDEs.
· Develop long-term technical and business strategies.
A successful candidate will be technically deep with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, great communication skills, ability to shape the structure and grow the skills of their team, and motivated to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment. We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing tremendous ownership over product and technology direction. This is your opportunity to make a direct impact on the satisfaction of our Sellers and the performance of their business on Amazon.com.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in big data technologies (e.g. EMR, Sparks, Hive)
· Experience in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C++, C#, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on software development, and a similar amount in software development management.