Amazon's Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks and operations across Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, leading hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. The Amazon on Other People's Computers (AOPC) Team is responsible for securing Amazon's usage of third party cloud services. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Software Development Manager to lead a new devops team supporting AOPC's security programs. If you enjoy working at scale in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the protection of our customers within a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will lead a brand new multi-functional team, initially consisting of Software Development Engineers, a Salesforce Architect and Salesforce Administrator. You will partner closely with AOPC's Security Engineers and Technical Program Managers to define and deliver usable and scalable security controls and monitors across Amazon's third party cloud services. Whilst you will focus initially on Salesforce, you will grow your team to support all third party cloud services used at Amazon. You will deliver mechanisms for inventory, verification, rick tracking, remediation and measurement to track Amazon's usage of third party cloud. You will partner with business stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges, and the controls and mechanisms you define will be applied at massive scale. You will use your leadership to identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve security posture across the whole portfolio of third party cloud services used by Amazon.
You are a passionate and innovative technical leader with a strong delivery track record. You will be leading, mentoring and expanding a multi-discipline team, producing solutions that are applied at massive scale. You have experience in delivering services in the cloud, and you recognize common patterns and challenges that apply to cloud services. You pick up new technology quickly and have excellent problem solving abilities. You deal with highly ambiguous problems, have great business judgement and drive towards simple solutions. You communicate effectively in technical and business conversations at all layers of the business.
Key tasks include:
· Build and manage a multi-discipline team of software engineers, architects and administrators.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Recruit, hire mentor and coach technical staff.
· Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
· Help develop long-term business and technology strategies, inputting into InfoSec's multi-year strategic plans.