Description de l'offre
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and Kindle Content is one of the most innovative and fast growing business at Amazon. Our vision with the Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available to Kindle customers instantly. Leading innovations on building upon reading experiences will drive the future of digital reading of complex fiction/non-fiction content and complex language specific layouts. In order to make this possible, we are looking for innovative, passionate, analytical, results-oriented Development Manager who can define & deliver core conversion improvements across multiple electronic formats to Kindle format with high quality. This position will be located in Chennai, India.
The Development Manager will be responsible for managing a team of highly competent engineers focused on realizing the above vision. This person will also be responsible for ensuring various system-level and business-level SLAs are met, while maintaining an unrelenting focus on quality, throughput and innovation. This person will have regular interactions with various internal business-owners, external publishers, conversion houses to help understand priorities of tasks/projects, handling system issues and managing communication across all stakeholders.
The candidate must have a strong background in Computer Science and have at least a Bachelor's Degree in the area or its equivalent. Graduate degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree or an equivalent and 6+ years experience leading product development teams. Candidate should have gone through at least two full software lifecycles with a minimum of 2 years of software development. The individual should have proven leadership skills in a fast-paced demanding environment.
· Experience managing team skilled software development engineers
· Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
· Experience and interest in helping teams resolve critical site issues under extreme time pressure
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
· Experience and ability to develop processes and procedures which will enhance the overall service quality of Services for our customers and developers
· Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and team-work
· Proven experience with Object oriented design and development
· Proven experience in C/C++/Java, OOP
· Proven experience with complex file formats is desired
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation