Description de l'offre
Private Brands (Amazon Brands such as Wickedly Prime, Amazon Elements, Mama Bear, Happy Belly, Presto! and more) is one of the top initiatives within Amazon Retail. Our vision is to provide value to Amazon customers through highly-rated products. This includes creating end-to-end experience across platforms and devices globally that enable consumers to easily find, purchase, and reorder the essential products they need and use every day. Doing so will require the invention of many new capabilities and innovative approaches across search and discovery, evaluation and purchase, cross-sell and reorder via a variety of new formats and delivery options. As the Software Development Manager you will have a significant impact on increasing frequency of the most commonly purchased consumer products in a multi-billion-dollar category. You will build, lead, and manage a high-performing engineering team and will work closely with product management, design, category leaders and other development teams to drive a variety of strategic initiatives from concept to launch.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Recruit, manage and grow a highly skilled team of Software Engineers and QA Engineers
· Deliver complex Drive innovation through the development lifecycle of all front-end and back-end services.
· Deliver large/complex software system with effective scaling.
· Management and execution against project plans and commitments
· Build and maintain world-class operational excellence for your deliverables
· Work with engineers to define technical requirements to architect and execute best-in-class implementations
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Take a leadership role in the larger org to recruit and develop engineering talent.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years managing high performance software engineering teams while identifying, hiring and developing top talent including managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team, working collaboratively with business, product, and design teams
· 3+ years owning and driving end-to-end product development across multiple teams
· 2+ years experience shipping multiple high quality software products or services in an agile/scrum development lifecycle at global scale
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (beyond technical domain)