Amazon is looking for a Software Development Manager to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers
As the Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for all software of device level firmware production in an Amazon innovation group. You will design for scale and low latency, focusing on enabling a fantastic customer experience. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
In the role, you will wear many hats in working on the software architecture, implementation including manufacturing testing. You will lead an efficient, effective and cohesive team to create a new experience and work with the team at large to ensure a functional and beautiful product with accompanying mobile and cloud software service. To be successful you need to be highly motivated, understand how to solve problems and dive deep while delivering to the highest standards.
- Develop the long-term strategy for your teams and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture which enables us to grow and scale quickly
- Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing engineering and testing approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Deliver releases and updates at regular cadence within team and to leadership
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage engineering resources who drive the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and establish best practices such as Agile/Scrum
- Management of departmental resources, hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management